On November 24, President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov , concerned about the financial situation of the fuel and energy complex, held a meeting to discuss the situation in the industry with the Deputy Prime Ministers. The state information agency TDH reports .
The head of state announced the need to organize more efficient operation of the industry “in the current situation”, as well as improve its economic condition, increase the volume of gas production and export, and diversify its supply routes.
Deputy Prime Minister Shakhym Abdrakhmanov , who oversees the oil and gas industry , said that work in these areas is being carried out, but Berdymukhamedov once again instructed to accelerate geological exploration, increase the volume of identified and proven reserves of hydrocarbons and other natural resources, and also attract investments in the oil refining and gas chemical industry. …
Deputy Prime Minister for Economic, Banking and International Financial Organizations Serdar Berdimuhamedov reported on the work in his field and on the development of capital investments from all sources of financing.
The President instructed Berdymukhamedov Jr. to ensure economic growth and control the targeted use of financial resources by the sectors of the national economy.
Then Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov once again gave instructions to the officials.
Deputy Prime Minister Shakhym Abdrakhmanov was entrusted with:
- to improve the efficiency of labor organization at the gas industry enterprises;
- to attract as much investment as possibleto the industry , to analyze the consumption of natural gas in the world markets and prices for it;
- to carry out urgent workon concluding contracts with states interested in gas supplies;
- to intensify the development of the Galkynysh deposit;
- for the successful fulfillment of obligationsunder the concluded contracts for the sale and purchase of “blue fuel” to ensure the production of additional volumes of it at other fields .
Deputy Prime Minister Serdar Berdimuhamedov was charged with:
- carry out regular monitoring of the financial and economic condition of the oil and gas complex;
- prepare proposals for improving the material support of gas and oil producing enterprises, geological exploration organizations, carrying out repair work and reconstruction at the facilities.
The Ministry of Finance and Economy and the Central Bank were ordered to “carefully study and control the financial and economic condition of the fuel and energy complex enterprises, the use of its capacities,” writes TDH.
At the Cabinet meeting on November 5, despite a positive report on the work of the industry for 10 months, the president announced a reprimand to Deputy Prime Minister Abdrakhmanov and two severe reprimand and final warning to the chapter “Turkmengaz” Batyr Amanov and Attorney General Batyr Atdaevu . The first two were punished for improper performance of official duties, weakening of control over the activities of subordinate industries and institutions, and the Prosecutor General – for weakening prosecutorial supervision over the activities of structures of the oil and gas complex.
Source: Chronicles of Turkmenistan