On June 14, at the Ashgabat Congress Center , Chairman of the Halk Maslakhaty Milli Gengesh of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov held a meeting with the participation of young people on the preparation of a draft law “On State Youth Policy”, the state information agency TDH reports .
In his speech, the ex-president, as usual, spoke about economic achievements, the construction of cities and villages, the well-being of the people and the role of youth in the life of the country.
Chairman of the Mejlis Gulshat Mammedova said that on behalf of President Serdar Berdimuhamedov , representatives of the Milli Gengesh, political parties and public organizations visited the velayats and studied the proposals of teachers, students and young professionals . As a result of this work, a draft law is being prepared.
“The tasks voiced by the Hero-Arkadag in his speech at today’s historic meeting, his invaluable advice on modernizing domestic legislation will form the basis for further work in this direction,” added Deputy Chairman of the Halk Maslakhaty Kasymguly Babayev .
Several students who spoke noted that they fully support the proposals to improve the youth policy.
After all the speeches, Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov instructed:
- study the issue of transferring the powers of the Ministry of Sports and Youth Policy to the Ministry of Education;
- to add to the law a clause concerning campaigning and explanatory work “aimed at instilling in young people a great love for an independent Motherland”;
- add additions related to the provision of support to young people in participating in the implementation of environmental projects and the restoration of historical monuments;
- add a paragraph on the development of a mechanism for the development of entrepreneurship among young people (if 75% of the enterprise’s employees are young people, call it a youth enterprise and provide benefits for state support);
- Establish a procedure for the preferential payment of income tax for young professionals who have just been hired after graduating from an educational institution in the first year of the period of employment in the amount of 50%, in the second and third years – 25%;
- study the issue of temporary deferral of military service with the condition of providing children who have graduated from high school with a one-time opportunity to participate in entrance examinations to higher and secondary vocational schools in order to achieve continuity of education.
The ex-president instructed members of the Halk Maslakhaty and deputies of the Mejlis to visit the most remote villages and hold meetings to amend the Law.
Source: Chronicles of Turkmenistan