Heavy rainfall has caused severe flooding in Madagascar and northern Mozambique
1. Heavy rainfall is forecast over western Kenya, eastern Uganda, and northern central Tanzania next week.
2. Desert locust swarms continue in Kenya, South Sudan and Uganda. An update on the current situation is expected by early to mid February.
3. Heavy rain is likely to trigger flooding in Tanzania, parts of Mozambique, Madagascar, and Zambia. Flooding has continued since early January.
4. Zimbabwe has received below average rainfall over the past 90 days, resulting in abnormal dryness and drought.
5. A late start to the rainy season over southern Namibia coupled with uneven rainfall distribution has caused dryness.
Source: Famine Early Warning System Network