Heavy rainfall has caused severe flooding in Madagascar and northern Mozambique
1. Heavy rainfall is forecast over western Kenya, eastern Uganda, and northern-central Tanzania next week.
2. Desert locust swarms continue in Kenya, South Sudan and Uganda. An update on the current situation is expected by early to mid-February.
3. Heavy rain is likely to trigger flooding in Tanzania, parts of Mozambique, Madagascar, and Zambia. Flooding has continued since early January.
4. Zimbabwe has received below-average rainfall over the past 90-days, resulting in abnormal dryness and drought.
5. A late start to the rainy season over southern Namibia coupled with uneven rainfall distribution has caused dryness.
Source: Famine Early Warning System Network