On August 23, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov flew around Ashgabat in a helicopter and inspected construction and medical facilities, the state news agency TDH reports .
From the air, the head of state checked the medical and consulting center named after S.A. Niyazov, and then the southern outskirts of the capital, where more than a dozen different medical institutions are clustered, including the International Medical Centers for Neurology, Surgery, Cardiology, Diagnostics and others.
According to TDH, an International Pediatric Center for 160 beds will be built in the same district, although there is already a Scientific and Clinical Center for Maternal and Child Health named after Gurbansoltan-Eje with departments of perinatology, pediatrics and pediatric surgery.
The construction of the Pediatrics Center in February 2022 was ordered by Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov , who at that time was the President of the country.
Then the helicopter of the head of state flew around the 60-meter monument to Magtymguly under construction, the area of government buildings, where, among others, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Education, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Arkadag Hotel, the Palace of Orphans, the built, but not yet open Tashkent Park, are located.
For what purpose Berdimuhamedov inspected these areas and buildings from the air is not specified.
The head of state also flew around construction sites:
• International health and rehabilitation center for 400 people;
• The Academy of Civil Service under the President of Turkmenistan, which is located on Gerogly Street, next to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia;
• International Research and Clinical Center for Physiology, being built on the site of the demolished railway hospital;
• two shopping centers - one of them is being built opposite the Garagum Hotel (Karakum), opened in November 2021, the other is located on Magtymguly Avenue;
• Residential buildings under construction in the Parahat-7 area.
Serdar Berdimuhamedov also inspected many of them from a helicopter in May of this year.
Having completed the inspection of the city from the air, the head of state arrived by car at the roundabout at the intersection of Archabil Avenue and Andalib Street. Here, the president approved the sketches of paintings that are planned to decorate the walls at two-level roundabouts in the city, as well as the design of the tiles that will cover the ground along the edges of the roads. Earlier, when Ashgabat was flooded several times, the unreinforced soil along the roads was quickly washed away , and cracks formed in it.
It should be reminded that earlier the mosaic on the walls of roundabouts and the design of concrete blocks were approved several times by ex-president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
In addition, Serdar Berdimuhamedov was presented with:
• a plan to renovate the square around the Main Flag in front of the National Museum in the south of Ashgabat;
• Designs of marble slabs that will line the square, as well as lampposts that will be installed around the 60-meter Magtymguly monument;
• a new park project in the western part of the capital's Bitarap Turkmenistan Avenue. Previously, ex-president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov was twice offered various options for arranging the territory, including filling the depression located here with water to turn it into a lake;
• another development project for the area between Gurbansoltan eje and Makhtumkuli avenues, on the site of the demolished glass factory. Previously, it was proposed to build a housing and social complex here, then the buildings of the Turkmen State Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering, and now a residential complex, which will include 18 nine-story residential buildings, two two-story shopping centers, a school for 720 children, a kindergarten for 320 children, car parks and sports fields. To do this, it will be necessary to demolish about two dozen one- and two-story houses;
• a project to build a series of four-story residential buildings in wasteland along Gurbansoltan eje Avenue on the western outskirts of Ashgabat;
• projects of residential buildings to be built along Myati Kosaev Street. To do this, it will be necessary to demolish two blocks in which several dozen one- and two-story residential buildings are located;
• Dental center in Keshi;
• International Research and Clinical Oncology Center for 500 people, which is proposed to be built on the territory of the residential complex Choganly. The tender for its construction was announced in April this year.
Having familiarized himself with the projects, Serdar Berdimuhamedov instructed to hold an international tender for the construction of the International Center for Pediatrics and the Dental Center and, according to TDH, gave instructions regarding the construction of a complex of new modern buildings of the Medical Consultative Center named after S.A. Niyazov. Whether this means that the medical facility will be demolished is unclear.
Source: Chronicles of Turkmenistan