On March 15, the Central Election Commission of Turkmenistan announced the results of voting in the presidential elections, which took place on March 12.
As expected, Serdar Berdimuhamedov , the son of ex-president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov , became the new president of the country . 72.97% of voters voted for him.
The remaining eight candidates scored between 1.09% and 11.09%.
• Serdar Berdimuhamedov (Deputy Prime Minister for Finance) - 72.97%;
• Khydyr Nunnaev (Vice-Rector of the Institute of Physical Culture and Sports) - 11.09%;
• Agadzhan Bekmyradov (deputy governor of the Mary velayat) – 7.22%;
• Berdimammet Kurbanov (head physician of the Awaza sanatorium, deputy of the Mejlis) – 2.22%;
• Perhat Begenjov (Director of the Financial and Economic School of the Lebap velayat) - 2.02%;
• Maksatmurad Ovezgeldiyev (Head of the Sanitary and Epidemiological Service of the Babadaykhan etrap, Akhal velayat) – 1.16%;
• Maksat Odeshov (Chairman of the Committee of the Democratic Party of Saparmurat Turkmenbashi etrap, Dashoguz velayat) – 1.15%;
• Kakageldy Sariyev (Director of the Renewable Energy Center of the Turkmen Energy Institute) – 1.09%;
• Babamurat Meredov (Director of the ES "Wepaly gurlusyk") - 1.08%.
Source: Chronicles of Turkmenistan