With a view of further increase in the volume of cotton production on the basis of rational use of land, water resources, application of agricultural machinery and mineral fertilizers, high quality agro-technical activities in the Era of Revival of the New Epoch of the Powerful State, the President of Turkmenistan signed the Resolution, instructing the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, khyakimliks of Akhal, Balkan, Dashoguz, Lebap and Mary velayats:
– To ensure production of relevant volume of cotton in Turkmenistan in 2023 by organizing a high level of work of tenant farmers, agriculturists and landowners;
– to allocate seeds of cotton by etraps taking into account the soil and climatic conditions according to the plan approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection.
On the basis of conclusion of contracts with producers of cotton, it is instructed to ensure their compliance with terms of relevant agro-technical standards:
– Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection should provide necessary volume of high quality cotton seed, technical service, connected with preparation of land for cotton sowing, care and harvest of cotton;
– State Committee for Water Resources of Turkmenistan should provide relevant volume of irrigation water;
– Türkmenhimiýa State Concern should provide relevant volume of fertilizers.
Source: Turkmenistan: the Golden Age Online Newspaper