On January 20, on the second day of his official visit to Turkmenistan, Prime Minister of Russia Mikhail Mishustin laid a wreath at the memorial complex "People's Memory" in Ashgabat and met with Chairman of the Upper House of the Parliament of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov and President Serdar Berdimuhamedov .
At a meeting with Berdimuhamedov Sr., a Russian official said that the day before, “the Russian delegation, among other things, looked at Ashgabat, a beautiful city,” and also conveyed greetings from Russian President Vladimir Putin and speaker of the Federation Council Valentina Matvienko . It was also said that Chairman of the State Duma Vyacheslav Volodin will visit Turkmenistan in the near future. , Chairman of the State Duma, will visit Turkmenistan in the near future, the press service of the Russian government reports .
“In the trade and economic sphere, which we are very actively involved in, we are preparing projects, we have a number of areas that you, dear Gurbanguly Myalikgulyevich, have mentioned . Of course, one cannot fail to mention our projects in the field of energy, industry, digital, in the transport sector, in the cultural and humanitarian field,” Mishustin added.
At a meeting with President Serdar Berdimuhamedov, the Russian official noted that a solid contractual and legal base has been formed between the countries - about 320 documents. And today, new agreements and memorandums were signed.
“Traditionally, we cooperate in the energy sector, the oil and gas industry, we are engaged in construction and agriculture together. There are many developments in the field of digital technologies. Of course, it is necessary to expand the scope of the mutual agenda , which is what the government will do on the basis of the Declaration on Deepening the Strategic Partnership, which was signed in June last year,” the official added.
State Information Agency TDH reported without specific details that Mikhail Mishustin met with Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov and Serdar Berdimuhamedov.
“The head of the government of the Russian Federation and the President of Turkmenistan exchanged views on the expansion of Turkmen-Russian cooperation in the political, economic, cultural and humanitarian spheres. Particular attention at the talks was paid to the development of bilateral partnerships in trade, energy and transport.
As a result of the negotiations, a number of documents were signed:
• Agreement between the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation and the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan on cooperation in the field of migration;
• Memorandum between the Federal Customs Service (RF) and the State Customs Service of Turkmenistan on cooperation in the field of personnel training;
• Protocol on cooperation in the field of combating customs offenses for 2023–2025;
• Memorandum of Understanding between the Federal Agency for Fisheries (RF) and the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan;
• Protocol between the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance (RF) and the State Plant Quarantine Service of the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of Turkmenistan on the transition to the integration of information systems in the field of plant quarantine;
• Action plan (“road map”) on issues of Russian-Turkmenistan cooperation in the field of water use and ecology;
• Memorandum of intent on the implementation of an investment project to create a logistics center of Turkmenistan in the port special economic zone of the Astrakhan region;
• Agreement on cooperation between JSC “Special Economic Zone “Lotos”” (Astrakhan region, Russian Federation) and the competent authority from Turkmenistan;
• Memorandum of Understanding in the field of youth policy between the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs (RF) and the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan;
• Agreement on cooperation between Lomonosov Moscow State University and Magtymguly Turkmen State University.
Source: Chronicles of Turkmenistan